8 Tips to Choose the Right Clothing Exporter
September 22, 2022
8 TIPS TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT CLOTHING EXPORTER
Have you checked the tag in the new shirt that you bought? Most probably, it is made in another country. That’s what the tag represents- ‘Made in Bangladesh’ or ‘Made in China’ and so on. Hence, it is challenging for a newbie to choose the best clothing exporter in Bangladesh or any other country for business. Yet, exporting from other countries is cheap, and profitable for apparel businesses. But, on the other hand, it can be a big hassle if you do not end up with the right agency.
Here special 8 tips are focused on that may help you make decisions easily.
How to choose the best Clothing Exporter?
- Do market research: Have a quick go-through on popular exporting countries and their geographical conditions. This will narrow down your options, and make the picture more clear. For example, the Hong-Kong apparel industry is known for its dyed and printed fabric. On the other hand, the Bangladesh clothing industry is popular for its cheap labor cost and maintaining transparency. Doing market research will give you an eagle view of what you are looking for.
- Figure out what you want to manufacture: The manufacturer offers various kinds of products, but they might not be good at making the product you want. It is important to know whether they can offer you the service you want, within your budget and with the right quality. For this, You need to be the product expert because you can get different quality raw materials for the same product at different charges. So, figure out your best combination.
- History of their clients: You should always select manufacturers that are well-known in the business and who produce high-quality items for firms you are familiar with within the marketplace. If they manufacture for well-known brands, you may be certain that their facilities have been inspected and certified by big merchants from all over the world.
- Their process of production: The most crucial phase in the production process is quality assurance. The smaller the danger of faulty goods and components, the more quality assurance procedures the manufacturer will take. Some firms only undertake quality assurance testing at the end of the manufacturing process to ensure that a product is functional. For example, clothing exporters in Bangladesh are at the lead for using the latest technology to provide high-quality products.
- How diversified their products are: Hopefully, someday you will expand your business, add more products in the future. If you see your manufacturer has a wide range of products, it will be beneficial for further negotiations. Otherwise, you have to re-do the whole hassle of finding the right exporter for you. Plus, diversified products show how well they can manage their productions.
- Production Capacity: Your ability to produce is critical to your long-term success. You may be beginning small, but if you’re serious about getting your items to market, you’ll need to make sure that if you close that large transaction, you’ll be able to fill it and deliver it on time. You don’t want to disappoint a new customer by underdelivering or having to hurry to locate a new manufacturer to fill a huge order.
- Get feedback from past clients: There are different groups in social media out there, where they share their experiences about manufacturers. Also, get involved in as many groups as you can. This will not only help you to get feedback, but also you will find information about other manufacturers as well.
- Interview your manufacturer: Once you narrowed down your list of possible factories, you’ll need to see whether they’re ready to work with you. Ask them the following questions, also ask more questions if you have them in mind. If you are satisfied with the answers, go for it.
- Are they taking new customers?
- What is their minimum?
- Their duration of productions
- Their terms and policies for the clients
- If any extra facilities they offer
All these 8 factors help you avoid frustrations to select the proper clothing exporter in Bangladesh. Unfortunately, companies frequently lose a substantial amount of money by failing to choose the proper manufacturer. Sad is, beginning entrepreneurs cannot afford such losses. So, make sure you have done proper research before exporting clothes from abroad.